Location: Truro, Cornwall
Contract: Full Time, Fixed-Term (approx. 6 months)
Hours of work: Flexible between 7am and 6pm
Adlib Audio is looking for a practical, motivated and experienced AV engineer to lead a team installing and commissioning a substantial theatre refurbishment project. You will report to project manager and manage a team to cable, terminate, and test a substantial AV installation according to documents supplied by Adlib.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the installation team to deliver the project as directed.
- Follow and enforce company method statements and installation standards.
- Ensure Adlib tools and equipment are used appropriately and returned to secure storage out-of-hours.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace, adhering to site waste management scheme.
- Mark drawings with as-built information and variations.
- Provide estimates of materials required for coming day/week to project manager.
- Set and meet daily and weekly progress targets with project manager.
- Communicate our position at site progress and management meetings (when project manager isn’t available).
- Work with the electrical contractor to ensure safety and productivity- e.g. lockouts, energising racks, containment additions
Skills and Experience
- Experienced in theatre/AV installation
- Experience working with main contractors
- Computer literate in Industry standard software
- Able to communicate information effectively to the workforce
- Familiar with health and safety on a construction site
- Able to read and understand drawings and schedules
- Available to work flexibly within the hours of 7AM – 6PM
- Awareness and the ability to react to dynamic working environment
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Ability to manage a high volume of work
- Attention to detail
- Good time keeping
- Strong communication skills
- A friendly and approachable manner when dealing with clients and suppliers
Skills and Experience (Essential qualities marked with an *)
- CITB/CSCS skill card*
- SMSTS/SSSTS certificate*
- Experience in a similar role
How to Apply
For all enquiries please email email@example.com