Service Technician – Electronics
Location: Liverpool, UK
The below list is not exhaustive but provided as an outline guide to planned activities.
- Inspect, diagnose and carry out component level repair of electronics devices such as power supplies and amplifiers.
- Test repaired equipment and make sure it is in ‘good as new’ standard of repair.
Ideal Qualities of the candidate
- Have an electrical engineering qualification, either a masters, HNC/ONC or degree*
- Keen observer of electrical safety standards
- A passion for repairing hardware
- Be able to read and understand schematic diagrams
- Competent working at low level AC and DC voltage
- Be familiar with standard bench test equipment (variacs, oscillators, load testing units)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry out instructions and work unsupervised
- Have a knowledge of PAT testing standards and electrical safety standards
- Pro-active approach to any given situation
- Ability to react and adapt under pressure
- Ability to follow a schedule and basic time management skills
- Sense of personal accountability and responsibility
- Dedication to quality
- Strong organisation skills
- A keen communicator
- Be able to produce repair reports
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- Knowledge of professional audio, lighting and video equipment is ideal
How to Apply
If you wish to apply or require further information for the above vacancy, please forward a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com.