In a nutshell
• Based in Scotland, working on-site around the UK.
• Hours - primarily between 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Working away will also be required.
• A clean driving license is essential.
• Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
We are growing our installations department and are looking to recruit an experienced Installation and Maintenance electrician to work closely with the project team based out of our Scottish office.
The type of work we do is quite diverse, so you’ll enjoy using your variety of skills across all aspects of AV and Lighting installations, everywhere from Theatres and Live Music Venues, to Bars, Restaurants, Houses of Worship, and Schools.
We are a team, so when you’re out on the road or in the office you’ll work with a Project Manager, Site Supervisor, Senior Installation Engineer, and Apprentice Installation Engineer.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting role available which should appeal to the right person who enjoys using their variety of skills across all aspects of AV and Lighting installations.
Alongside Installing a wide range of audio, lighting and video equipment and infrastructure, you’ll also be responsible for testing & inspection and commissioning.
What are the must-haves?
• DBS Check
• Time Served Electrician
• Recognised Apprenticeship
• 18th Edition Qualification
• Experience in Installing 1st fix cable and containment, both LV and HV systems, excellent cable management, cable identification and inspection and testing skills
What things should I be familiar with?
• Reading and understanding CAD drawings, schematics, and cable schedules are essential
• Working independently and reporting back to PM
• Working together with a variety of stakeholders, everyone from site owners and construction companies to customers and end-users who might not have the same technical background as you
• Health & Safety - conducting on-site risk assessments and Toolbox Talk Reporting
• Supervising junior members of the team and setting the right example
• Microsoft 365 family of products
• Experience as a qualified supervisor for NICEIC or Select
• Knowledge of Theatre electrical systems
• Experience in installing Audio Visual systems
• PASMA Qualification
• IPAF Qualification
• CSCS Card Holder
• SSSTS Qualification
• Initial verification qualification, C&G 2391-50 or equivalent
• Inspection and testing qualification, C&G 2391-51 or equivalent
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by using the form below or sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org