We are looking for a Technical Manager with a passion for lighting to join our dedicated Technical Team which sits at the heart of Adlib – supporting and overseeing our technical solutions and standards across all areas of the business whether that be rental, sales or installations.
What’s the role?
You’ll be working alongside colleagues in the Technical Team to set and maintain Adlib’s lighting technical standards, provide technical solutions and support, and advance our technical offerings through research and development.
As the primary point of reference for lighting in the business, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Technical support for engineers, technicians, warehouse staff and project managers
- Quotation support for account managers and sales staff
- On-site support work to monitor standards and assist with non-standard or technically complex systems
- Setting and maintaining company technical standards, de-prep and preventative maintenance processes for lighting equipment
- Producing BS7909-compliant temporary electrical system designs for rental projects which fall outside of our ‘standard’ electrical packages
- Research and development of new systems, products and software – including trade show visits
- Maintaining strong relationships with technical staff at key manufacturers
- Communicating with engineers and warehouse staff to gather feedback on equipment and processes
- Producing clear and concise documentation – such as spec sheets, schematics and diagrams
Where’s the role?
As you’ll work closely with our rental inventory and colleagues based in the warehouse, you’ll be based at our HQ inKnowsley, Liverpool. Occasionally, work away from the office will be required.
What are the must-haves?
- Detailed knowledge of lighting for touring and stage applications
- Confident operational experience of lighting consoles including MA Lighting, Avolites, Chamsys and Hog
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network-based Luminex lighting control systems
- Knowledge and experience of touring rigging solutions – ideally including automation
- Detailed understanding of temporary electrical systems (I.e., BS7909)
- Understanding of fixture servicing, repair and maintenance
- Over 5 years' experience working with professional lighting for arena-sized touring productions
- Experience in at least one or more of the following: project management, application engineering, sales support, technical support or servicing
What things should I be familiar with?
- Lighting protocols - such as sACN, Artnet, MA-net and DMX512
- Networking principles - such as subnets, VLANs, Multicast/IGMP, LAG, Trunks and RSTP
- BS7909 and Temporary Electrical Systems
- Using 2D CAD (AutoCAD or equivalent) for diagrams, schematics and drawings
- Lighting visualisation software such as WYSIWYG / Vectorworks / Depence
- BS7909-related Qualification (or relevant C&G electrical qualifications)
- National Rigging Certificate (or equivalent)
- Cisco CCNA (or equivalent)
- Experience with video equipment desirable – such as media servers, pixel mapping and LED wall/processors
- Using 3D CAD for drawings, manufacturing and simulation
- Experience designing flight cases and packaging solutions