In a nutshell
• Scotland-based; working on-site around the UK.
• Hours - primarily between 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Working away will also be required.
• Clean driving license essential
• Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
We are growing our installations department and are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Installation Engineer to work closely with the project team based out of our office in Paisley.
The type of work we do is quite diverse, so you’ll enjoy using your variety of skills across all aspects of AV and Lighting installations, everywhere from Theatres and Live Music Venues, to Bars, Restaurants, Houses of Worship, and Schools.
We are a team, so when you’re out on the road or in the office you’ll work with a Project Manager, Site Supervisor, Senior Installation Engineer, and Apprentice Installation Engineer.
What’s the role?
You’ll be primarily installing, commissioning, and carrying out routine maintenance in a variety of high-end audio, lighting, video, and mechanical engineering installations across the UK. As we are ISO accredited, our core standards are of the highest level, and they’re not compromised by strict timeframes. We just get it done.
What are the must-haves?
• DBS Check via Disclosure Scotland
• Experience of 1st fix cable and containment runs, excellent cable management, cable identification and testing, various terminations including soldering, network terminations, AV connectors and audio signal connectors experience essential
• Equipment rack building, networking, DSP knowledge, including amplifier DSP and standalone open architecture DSP devices
• An understanding of mains power
• Experience of professional audio systems
• Experience of professional lighting systems
• Lighting console experience
• Experience of professional video systems
• Technical fault-finding experience in audio, video, and lighting systems
What things should I be familiar with?
• Reading and understanding CAD drawings, schematics, and cable schedules are essential
• Working independently and reporting back to PM
• Working together with a variety of stakeholders, everyone from site owners and construction companies to customers and end-users who might not have the same technical background as you
• Health & Safety - conducting on-site risk assessments and Toolbox Talk Reporting
• Supervising junior members of the team and setting the right example
• Practical knowledge of IP networks and configuring Windows/macOS devices to communicate across them is essential
• Electrical qualifications would be a distinct advantage
Where’s the role?
Our offices are in Paisley, near Glasgow, however, the role also involves a lot of travel so at times we’ll need you to be away all week.
We invite suitably experienced candidates to apply by using the form below or sending your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org